Pizza is undoubtedly one of the most popular dishes in the U.S. and around the world. In fact, Americans enjoy pizza so much that Italian food is the most popular ethnic food in the United States! Pizza is a dish that has been enjoyed for centuries by working people and royalty alike. With so much history behind it, it’s no wonder that this dish is such a popular one. Because of its popularity, there are countless fun facts about pizza that make this dish all the more enjoyable. Courtesy of a trusted pizza manufacturer, here are just a few tasty morsels of information about this popular dish:
- We consume around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperoni per year—in fact, 36 percent of all pizza orders have pepperoni as a topping.
- A whopping 94 percent of Americans eat pizza regularly—so regularly that 93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza just in the last month!
- On average, every person in America eats about 46 slices of pizza per year. Altogether, Americans eat about 100 acres of pizza a year. This is 350 slices per second!
- About 3 billion pizzas are sold in the United States each year.
- Pizzerias represent 17 percent of all restaurants.
- Many people prefer eating cold pizza as a meal as opposed to hot pizza. A surprising 36 percent of Americans even consider pizza to be the perfect breakfast.
- In America, 61 percent of people prefer regular thin crust for their pizza, 14 percent prefer a deep-dish crust and 11 percent prefer an extra-thin crust.
- Women are about twice as likely as men to order vegetables on their pizza and, according to pizza delivery drivers, women tend to be better tippers.
- The fastest pizza-maker in the world can make 14 pizzas in just two minutes and 35 seconds.
- The longest pizza delivery ever made was from Cape Town, South Africa to Sydney Australia.
- On December 8, 1990, the largest pizza on record was made at Norwood Pick n’ Play Hypermarket in Johannesburg, South Africa. According to the Guinness Book of Records, this pizza was 37.4 meters in diameter. It was made using 500 kg of flour, 800 kg of cheese and 900 kg of tomato puree.
- The world’s most expensive pizza was made by a restaurateur named Domenico Crolla, and included toppings like sunblush-tomato sauce, Scottish smoked salmon, medallions of venison, edible gold, cognac-marinated lobster and champagne-soaked caviar. This pizza would set you back $2,745—and probably be worth it!
If you need a pizza fix, you can find it at Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza. We are a wholesale pizza manufacturer with over 20 years of experience in the pizza making industry. We are proud to use only the highest-quality ingredients to make our spectacular selection of frozen pizzas, making us one of the best pizza manufacturers around. Our selection of products includes traditional-style pizzas as well as a selection of specialty pizzas, including dessert pizzas. We strive to offer our distributors the best price possible for our high-quality product, and we distribute in seven states. If you want more information about the pizzas that we offer, or if you want to find out more about becoming a distributor, feel free to reach out to us today!