Of all the types of pizzas out there and all the available toppings to choose from, it’s the regular crust, all-cheese slice or cheese-and-pepperoni slice that likely tops the list for most commonly ordered. That’s because plain cheese is a classic go-to, basic and easy pizza option that most everyone loves. If this describes you, would you be open to going less traditional with your toppings? And we’re not talking about trying pizza with ingredients like black olives or mushrooms.
Here are some different, custom pizza topping and recipe ideas that you may find surprisingly pleasing to your palate.
Unconventional pizza toppings
When you think about it, pizza is merely a large, flat piece of bread. So, why not put whatever the heck you want on it? Here are some ideas:
- Bacon, egg and cheese pizza: This one is straightforward and simple to prepare. It’s a breakfast pizza topped with chopped bacon, eggs any style and cheese, along with your favorite herbs on top.
- Asparagus and ricotta pizza: What makes this pizza so good is the shaved asparagus and the dash of lemon juice and pressed garlic. The green of the asparagus adds a freshness unlike any traditional pizza topping, and the creaminess of the ricotta won’t disappoint.
- Fig and prosciutto pizza: Figs, prosciutto and crackers go together well, so why not take your pizza game to the next level with a fresh fig and prosciutto pizza? Add arugula for spice and pesto for an extra punch.
Unconventional pizza recipe ideas
Pizza doesn’t always have to be in a traditional pizza shape or form. The following are some ways to mix up your regular pizza routine:
- Pizza panini: If you’re a fan of pizza and sandwiches, then behold, the pizza panini! Load your favorite pizza toppings in between slices of bread, and press away.
- Pizza mac and cheese: Need we say more? For pizza mac and cheese, all you need to do is mix together pizza sauce, a variety of shredded cheeses, marinara, herbs and spices with cooked macaroni noodles. Top with other ingredients like pepperoni or veggies, and then bake.
- Pizza pasta: Here’s another delicious food combination—pizza and pasta shapes. First, cook the pasta as you normally would. Drain the pasta and add marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and your favorite toppings before baking.
- Easy pizza dip: For parties or a quick meal, throw together a pizza dip. It’s easy to make, as all you need to do is layer your dip ingredients in a deep tray. Have a layer of chive ranch dressing, tomato pizza sauce, shredded cheese, cooked meat, olives, onions and more for dunking garlic bread or bread sticks.
If you are looking for traditional custom pizzas and classic toppings, then call us at Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza. We offer custom pizzas that feature your desired ingredients, and we are more than happy to create a personalized message for you. It’s an edible gift that is unique, delicious and fun! Call us to order your favorite frozen pizzas today!