Thanks to recently increased interest in healthy eating and alternative diets, pizza can now be enjoyed by virtually anyone, regardless of their dietary restrictions. Gluten-free crusts, for instance, make it possible for people suffering gluten intolerance to eat pizza, and dairy-free cheese alternatives are also making it possible for vegan and lactose-intolerant eaters to enjoy consequence-free pizza pies. Vegetarian pizzas have long been a mainstay of many restaurants and pizza distributors, as well.
There are a number of different types of vegetarian pizza options that can either be made from scratch or created over a delicious pre-made frozen pizza. Regardless of your diet, you should strongly consider making and eating one of these delicious, vegetarian-friendly pizza options:
- Red potato and rosemary: Putting potatoes on your pizza may seem crazy. In fact, it’s delicious! This pizza consists of a cornmeal crust topped with thinly sliced red potatoes, sprigs of rosemary, garlic, Parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Tomato and mozzarella: This is a pizza-making classic. You should use fresh, high-quality tomatoes and locally sourced mozzarella to bring this pizza to life. Top it with freshly shredded basil after baking to eat it.
- Carbonara pizza: This is a fresh take on a favorite Italian dish. Combine prosciutto, Parmesan, peas and cracked pepper on a whole-wheat crust to mimic the elements of this classic Italian pasta meal.
- Zucchini and scallion: Veggies are front-and-center on this delicious pizza pie, which includes olive oil, scallions and zucchini on a whole-wheat crust. Additionally, a sprig of mint livens up this pizza.
- Spinach and cheese: Cheese and spinach are a delicious combination in any dish, but especially on a fresh pizza pie! Add goat cheese, cracked pepper, olive oil and onion for a savory, tangy and unique meal.
There is a virtually unlimited number of vegetable combinations you can use to make a delicious and exciting vegetarian-friendly pizza. Pescetarians, or people who eschew red meat and poultry while still eating fish, can enjoy an even larger selection of potential pizzas. Calamari, shrimp, prawns, anchovies and fried oysters all make delightful additions to virtually any pizza pie.
If you don’t feel like cooking a fresh pizza from scratch, you can purchase a high-quality frozen pizza from one of your favorite pizza distributors and embellish it to your liking. Choosing the toppings you love is part of the fun associated with eating pizza.
Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza is one of the premier pizza distributors in the Northern United States. We use the finest and freshest ingredients to create delicious, high-quality pizza pies that are then flash-frozen and distributed to trusted retailers throughout the nation. We specialize in creating delicious pizzas with great thin crusts. Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza products are always just 30 percent crust and 70 percent toppings! That means that we let our vegetables shine. Regardless of your dietary restrictions, Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza has a product for you.
If you are a distributor or grocer interested in carrying our high-quality pizza pies, reach out to us today.