You read that right. Some brilliant person had the genius idea of creating a cake out of the most delicious food on the planet: pizza! This multi-layer masterpiece is an unforgettable combination of cheesy, saucy, melty layers of pizza goodness. Each layer comes together to form a mouth-watering cake-like tower. It’s a rich and hearty dish that’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Sure, it would be easier to just order a pizza, but that’s nowhere near as fun! The impressive sight of layer after layer of delicious pizza in “cake” form may be a little intimidating to aspiring pizza chefs. Making pizza cake will require a bit of elbow grease, but it’s a relatively simple recipe that even the most novice cook could pull off.
Follow these steps to create your own pizza cake.
What you need
The pizza cake is basically just a really big pizza. Most of the ingredients are the same as what you would find in any classic pizza. Pick up the following from the store before heading into the kitchen:
- Pizza dough: Feel free to make your own, or buy a premade batch.
- Pizza sauce: We recommend a classic marinara for the most authentic pizza cake.
- Cheese: Choose between the standard mozzarella, or opt for a few different types of cheese for a more flavorful pie.
- Toppings: Pick whatever toppings you would like! Go for a traditional pie like pepperoni, or spice it up by recreating your favorite meat lover’s pizza. There’s really no limit when it comes to toppings.
- Springform pan: The pan should be deep enough to hold multiple layers of dough and toppings.
Start by dusting the counter with flour to keep the pizza from sticking, while pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees. Then, knead at least six cups of dough before cutting out four dough circles using the bottom of the springform pan as a guide. Stick the dough circles into the hot oven for about 15 minutes so they can pre-bake.
Roll out additional dough to line the pan while the dough circles are pre-baking. Once they are done, split the baked pizza rounds and place them on the bottom of the pan already lined with the dough. Top this first layer with pizza sauce and toppings before adding another pizza round. Continue the process until the final dough layer is on the top of the pan and finish it off with another layer of tasty toppings. Bake the pizza in the oven for an additional 30 minutes. Once it’s done, it’s time to enjoy your delicious pizza cake!
Don’t have time to make a pizza cake? Choose Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza!
Need quality pizza fast? Call Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza today. We offer premium pizza using only top-quality ingredients. While it might not be a pizza cake, our pizzas will still be a tasty hit. Call today or visit us online to learn more about how you can get your hands on one of our custom pizzas.