Want to get kids excited about learning? Want to get them excited about eating dinner, too? A few fun facts about pizza for kids should do the trick! Try these on the kiddos. Create your own trivia quiz to test their knowledge of this meal-time favorite. The child who gets the most pizza facts for kids right could get an extra slice (or maybe he or she gets to pick the toppings for dinner).
- Every second, Americans order 350 slices of pizza.
- Every day, Americans eat about 100 acres of pizza.
- Over 17 percent of all restaurants in the U.S. are pizzerias.
- Across the United States, you can find over 70,000 pizza restaurants.
- On average, each American eats 23 pounds of pizza every year.
- The first restaurant to deliver pizza to space was Pizza Hut. The chain shipped a pizza to the International Space Station, to astronaut Yury Usachov.
- The most popular night for pizza is Saturday.
- Thin crust is more popular than thick crust in the United States. In fact, 61 percent of the population prefers the thinner pie.
- Frozen pizza is one of the most popular and successful types of convenience food.
- Pizza originated in Italy. It was a Neapolitan cuisine, but it has spread to other regions through migration.
- Approximately 1 billion frozen pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.
- Worldwide, over 5 billion pizzas are sold each year.
- The most popular pizza topping in the U.S. is pepperoni. Just over one third of all pizzas sold here include this topping.
- Due to its popularity on pizza, Americans consume around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperoni each year.
- The first U.S. pizzeria was opened in New York City in 1895 by a gentleman named Gennaro Lombardi.
- Only 7 percent of Americans eat pizza less than once a month.
- October is National Pizza Month in the United States.
- The top five pizza sales days are Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, Thanksgiving Eve and New Year’s Day.
- The world record for largest circular pizza is recorded in Guinness World Records as being 122 feet 8 inches across and weighing 26,883 pounds. The record was set in 1990 in South Africa.
- In the U.S., 14-inch pizzas are the most popular size.
- The most expensive pizza on record was priced at $2,745. Its toppings included caviar, cognac, lobster and edible gold.
- Here’s why children will like facts about pizza for kids: Kids age three to 11 prefer pizza for their dinner or lunch over every other food group.
Keep them entertained
Want to please the kids across America? Here’s another pizza fact for kids: Giovanni’s Frozen Pizza is a time-tested winner. We provide top quality products at the best prices to all of our distributors. Our sauce is what makes our pizza so unique: we use a special recipe thin crust, so that our pizza is 30 percent crust and 70 percent toppings. With over 20 years of experience in the pizza making industry, Giovanni’s has been providing the best tasting pizza for generations. Contact us today for more information on how you can get your hands on our pizzas.